Health Benefits of Banana
- Bananas are fruits that are high in fibre, making them an ideal remedy for constipation and an alternative to chemical laxatives.
- Bananas are considered to be a natural solution to hangovers. A banana milkshake mixed with honey will help to calm the stomach and build up depleted blood sugar levels at the same time.
- Bananas can act as a natural antacid. This gives relief to a person who is suffering from heartburn.
- The inside of the banana skin when rubbed on a mosquito bite is found to reduce the swelling and irritation.
- Bananas are an ideal diet for people who are trying to quit smoking. This is because of the combination of Vitamin C, A1, B6, and B12 that helps the body to recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawal.
- Research conducted by the New England Journal of Medicinestates that a regular intake of bananas in your diet can help reduce the possibility of stroke by up to 40 percent.
- Other medical benefits of bananas include aiding in:
- constipation and diarrhea relief
- treatment of arthritis
- treatment of anemia
protein - 1.29 grams
calories - 105
Nutrition In Banana
- Potassium - 422 mg
- Phosphorus - 26 mg
- Magnesium - 32 mg
- Calcium - 6 mg
- Sodium - 1 mg
- Iron - 0.31 mg
- Selenium 1.2 mcg
- Manganese - 0.319 mg
- Copper - 0.092 mg
- Zinc - 0.18 mg
- Also contains small amounts of other minerals.
- Vitamin A - 76 IU
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) - 0.037 mg
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) - 0.086 mg
- Niacin - 0.785 mg
- Folate - 24 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid - 0.394 mg
- Vitamin B6 - 0.433 mg
- Vitamin C - 10.3 mg
- Vitamin E - 0.12 mg
- Vitamin K - 0.6 mcg
- Contains some other vitamins in small amounts.