- Put your feet together, toes pointing forward, arms by your sides, with your head and neck straight ahead. To begin, take a wide ‘skate’ step with your right foot to the right side, then drag your left foot toward it, reaching your left arm forward while bringing your right elbow back.
- Then, within seconds change directions and repeat the movement on the opposite side. Change from left to right, for a total of one minute.
- This exercise not only tones and sculpts your inner thigh muscles, but also helps cut off that extra flab.
Side to Side Plies
- Your knees and toes should be pointing out at about 45 degrees and your hands should be resting on your hips. Bend your knees and lower your hips towards the ground.
- Keep your back straight and knees pointing out over your toes. Dip down into the plie and hold it for 30 seconds.
- Then, straighten your legs and slide your left heel into your right, squeezing your inner thighs together for 30 seconds.
- Take a step back out to the left and repeat plie, then slide right heel in. Repeat this movement 10 times.
Inner Thigh Attitude Pulse
- Stand on your left leg and lift your right leg a few inches off the ground, bending at the knee.
- Now turn your knee out to the side. Raise the right heel towards the ceiling and bring leg across the front of your body so that your right knee is past your left leg.
- Lower right leg towards the floor and lift it up as high as you can, keeping heel up. That’s one rep. Repeat this movement 15 times on your right side, then 15 times on your left.
- This movement sculpts and shapes your inner thighs, as well as, tones your abdominals and hips. Sit with your hands pressed on the floor besides your hips with your elbows slightly bent.
- Bend your knees in towards your body. Keep your knees touching and your toes pointed while looking straight ahead.
- Then, lean slightly forward. Trace open your knees out to the sides, then draw your knees together until they touch.
- Lie on your back with your arms relaxed on the ground beside you. Slowly bend your knees in towards your chest. Stretch your feet and turn your knees out to the sides.
- Now, press your legs out, widening them at a 45-degree angle.
- With both legs turned outward, squeeze the backs of your knees together Bend your knees back in, maintaining the same 45-degree line on the way back.
- Step onto your left foot, brush your right leg forward off the floor and create a large circular sweep from left to right with your leg.
- Then step onto right foot, and repeat on the left. Repeat this move 10 times.
- This kick tones and slims your inner thighs as you help control your leg through a circular range of motion, while also stretching your inner thigh muscles as you open your leg to the side.
Towel Squeeze Bridge
- Lie down on your back with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor, arms relaxed on the ground by your sides, looking straight ahead. Place a folded hand towel between your knees.
- Squeeze your knees together into the towel to really activate your inner thighs, and lift hips off the floor, as high as you can, towards the ceiling.
- Hold for two counts, then lower down. Repeat this 15 times.
- To increase flexibility, finish this routine with a relaxing stretch (even prescribed by yoga).
- Start seated, with the bottoms of your feet sandwiched together and your knees relaxed, out to the sides while holding onto your ankles.
- Slowly lean forward, lowering your chest towards your feet until you feel a deep stretch in your inner thighs. Hold this position for 30 seconds.