Spending your entire day at the office shouldn’t limit your snack choices. Come to work prepared with healthy snacks, and you’ll improve focus, increase productivity, and avoid packing on pounds. Snack on the five foods below to stay satisfied.
- Health benefits: Walnuts are high in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants.
- Snack tip: Pair a handful of walnuts with a piece of low-fat cheese, your favorite fruit, or a bowl of oatmeal for a fiber-rich morning snack that will help you feel full longer.
- Health benefits: Apples are loaded with pectin, which helps suppress your appetite.
- Snack tip: Eating an apple mid-day helps control blood sugar and may aid in weight loss. Have it with a spoonful of nut butter (cashew, peanut, almond) to add muscle-building protein and healthy fat.
- Health benefits: Packed with whey protein, Greek yogurt has twice as much protein as regular yogurt. Plus, it contains healthy bacteria, known as probiotics, to keep your digestive tract healthy.
- Snack tip: Top 6 to 8 ounces of Greek Yogurt with ¾ cup of berries for a mid-day snack.
- Health benefits: Research has shown that green tea helps lower cholesterol and decreases the risk of diabetes and stroke. What’s more, it boosts metabolism to help you burn fat.
- Snack tip: Drink two to three cups of green tea throughout the day to reap the benefits.
- If you’re sensitive to caffeine, don’t drink green tea after 3 p.m.
- Health benefits: Beef jerky is a great source of protein and comes in a bunch of flavors for variety. Opt for the 96% fat-free jerky when possible.
- Snack tip: Eat 1 to 2 servings of jerky with a piece of fruit, such as an apple or pear, for a balanced snack.