The sun is a vital source of vitamin D and keeps the skin looking young and healthy. It is also extremely beneficial to the bones, making them strong and sturdy. However, too much exposure to the sun is harmful to the tender skin of the human body.
Sunburn is caused because of exposure to the excess harmful rays of the sun. Excess sun rays is harmful for the skin as it damages the skin, can cause early aging sign on face, and may also lead to skin cancer. Due to sunburn skin turns blistered, red and dry. You also feel pain and irritation. Extreme or moderate sunburn can cause pigmentation, inflammation, puffiness, and skin breaking. You feel an irritating skin sensation and your skin looks restless.
Symptoms for Sunburn
- Skin inflammation, redness, dehydration are some of the symptoms of sunburns.
- Severe itching in the eyes and skin, skin rashes, sickness, and vomiting tendency are some other symptoms of sunburns which require a medical need to meet a doctor.
- Sun is a source of Vitamin D which keeps you healthy and active but excess sun exposure and ultraviolet rays are harmful. They can cause wrinkles and many other skin problems.
- Develop a practice of daily skin cleansing using natural face wash or mild soaps.
- Use natural sun protective cream and sunglasses when you go out in the sun.
- Harsh soap, excess outing, swimming can cause sunburn so avoid excess sun exposure.
- Never scrub your face excessively and always use natural soaps and lotion.
- Never apply milk cream or oily lotions to the sunburn affected area as it lead much pigmentation and damage to the skin.
- Drink one-two liter of water everyday as it keeps the skin which is sunburn moisturized and acts as a good substitute of the fluid which you lost by sun exposure.
- Never use chemical-based soaps and face wash for washing sunburn face as it cause inflammation and much damage to the skin.
- Above given home remedies are cost effective and helpful in the treatment of sunburn. Infants, obese, and elderly people need a good care and protection from sunburn so take good care of them and yourself.
Home remedies for Sunburn Relief
- Lavender oil is beneficial in treating sunburn. Apply it on the affected area to get relief from the pain and itching.
- Mix a teaspoon each of milk powder, honey and lemon juice with half-a-teaspoon of almond oil. Apply regularly on face and wash off after 10 to 15 minutes. This apart from removing tan brings shine back on skin.
- Dip few drops of rose water in a cold water and enjoy the refreshing bath. This will act as a good sunburn reliever in the summer days.
- Put a wet, soft and cool piece of cloth on your face and other parts of the body (which is sunburn), whenever you feel itching and burning sensation in the skin.
- Using Aloe Vera herb for sunburn relief---Your skin irritation and inflammation because of sunburn is easily recovered using Aloe Vera herb. Herb Aloe Vera (ghrita kumari) is very effective in relieving inflammation and this is easily available in medical stores. Apply few drops of ghrita kumari or oil in the affected sunburn area before going out in the sun. You can also use this 10-15 minutes afterwards of sun exposure. One of the best home remedies for sunburn
- Take bath using cold water and few drops of sandalwood oil. This will cool down and relief the sunburn skin and keeps a healthy balance of your body.
- Prepare milk and water solution in a ratio of (1:1) and soak a soft cloth in this solution and put on face and other sunburn affected area. This will relieve discomfort caused from sunburn. This is one of the best home remedies for sunburn.
- Take a cold water bath using few drops of chamomile and lavender oil. This act as sunburn protective bath and is very refreshing. This relief skin inflammation and irritation.
- You can also mix three-four tablespoon of oatmeal in the water and take the refreshing bath. This reduces skin itching and irritation. This is one of the useful home remedies for sunburn
- Take 5-6 babunphul and mix it in a glass of warm water and apply on sunburn affected area using a cotton ball .This relieves skin itching and irritation.
- Put 10-15 drops zergul oil in the bath tub and take the refreshing bath. You will feel relax and fresh. This bath serves to relief pain and skin itching caused from sunburn. This is one of the important home remedies for sunburn.
- Using peppermint oil as a sunburn treatment---mix its few drops in a bath tub and enjoy the refreshing bath. This is one of the useful home remedies for sunburn.
- Applying onion juice on sunburn affected area also makes the skin cool and reduces inflammation.