Constipation is a body condition in which there is irregular bowel movement. Stools get dry and hard and its discharge becomes infrequent and difficult. Constipation if not treated properly leads to many diseases like cancer, arthritis, appendicitis. In ayurveda it is called as vibandh.
Causes of Constipation
- Unhealthy food habit like not taking green and fibrous vegetables leads to Constipation.
- Lack of salads and fruits in diet causes Constipation.
- Not drinking enough water.
- Taking stress, caffeine, tea, overeating heavy meals, no exercise are some other causes of Constipation.
- Irregular discharge of stools or infrequent evacuation of feces is the main symptom.
- Depression, bad breath, insomnia, pimples, heart burns, acidity etc. are some other symptoms.
Diet for Constipation
- Eating right food prevents from various diseases and keeps us happy. Honey, cereals, whole grain, green and fibrous vegetables like French beans, cabbage, carrot, spinach, beets, tomatoes, peas, turnip and fruits like, papaya, grapes, and pears keep you healthy and prevents Constipation.
- Do not skip your regular meal and do not eat late at night as the metabolism is low at that time. Avoid junk foods, excess sugar, and white flour. Drink 8-10 glasses of water everyday. Do not drink water at your regular meal time. Drink half to one hour before or after lunch or dinner.
- Regularly doing exercises, physical activities like swimming, walking, taking balanced diet, staying stress free and happy will keep you away from Constipation
Home Remedies for ConstipationConstipation leads to improper functioning of colon and as a result there is improper bowel movements.
This entire natural home remedies are made up of herbs, fruits, vegetables so it does not have any side effects and they produces effective results. Constipation and you have clear stools. Fruit salad containing guava and papaya can be taken anytime of the day and it is good roughage as it clears your bowel system and prevents Constipation and many other diseases.
- Take warm lime water early in the morning. It prevents Constipation and keeps the body and mind fresh. This is one of the useful home remedies for constipation.
- Grapes too have laxative properties and they prevent chronic Constipation. Dry grape has its own medical properties and helps in preventing Constipation. Soak dry grapes in a vessel overnight and take this at early morning in an empty stomach.
- Take 2-3 seeds each of suraj mukhi (sunflower), badaam (almonds), til (sesame) and linseed or flax seeds, grind it and make a thin powder. Eat this natural herbal homemade product (1 tablespoon) for a week either with fruit juice or salads. All your Constipation problems will be cured. This is one of the best home remedies for constipation.
- Going for morning walk by having 2-3 glasses of warm water also prevents Constipation and leads to clear bowel movements.
- Oranges are good for colons and it prevents Constipation. Take orange juice at anytime of the day and feel the difference that how far it clears your bowel system and refreshes you.
- Fax seeds have laxative properties. In a glass of water add one tablespoon of flaxseed and allow it to rest for 2-3 hours. At night before sleep drink this flaxseed water. You will have a clear bowel the next day. This is one of the useful home remedies for constipation.
- Vinegar extracted from apple and flaxseed paste also cures Constipation. Boil a glass of water containing flaxseed till it gets thick, and on cooling add half tablespoon apple extract vinegar, this mixture is ready to drink. You can drink this natural homemade herbal drink, which has no side effects, at early morning. It cures Constipation and is safe.
- Natural herb phyllium husk (isabgol) prevents Constipation. Take a glass of water and add one tablespoon of phyllium husk. Drink this liquid early in the morning in an empty stomach for constipation relief.
- Soak dry figs in the water and keep it overnight then take this early in the morning. It prevents Constipation. This is one of the important home remedies for constipation.
- Take a glass of milk at night before sleep as it is effective in curing Constipation.
- All this above mentioned home remedies for constipation are effective and safe, and leads to the proper functioning of colon in your body and solves all your Constipation problems.