In many cases, the idea of being a vegetarian as well as a bodybuilder was shamefully ridiculed. Many people think the proteins that are required to build and tone muscles can only be found in meats. But what they do not know is that a healthy combination of many different foods, combined with a group of carefully selected supplements and a vigorous workout routine can do wonders for vegetarian bodybuilders.7YGJ875P9PDU
Vegetarian Bodybuilding Diet Suggestions
- The most important element that is required for bodybuilding is protein. Though protein is sufficiently available in meats, vegetarians will have to depend on other sources. The main protein sources for vegetarians are cereals, legumes, seeds and nuts.
- It is important to include at least two or three sources of protein in every meal. A good example of such a combination is beans on toast. Here, beans fall under legumes while toast falls under cereals.
- However, the most bountiful supplier of protein is soya products. They are so rich in protein that it is said they almost equal the amount of proteins found in meats. In more technical terms, the human body is able to absorb 92% of the proteins available in meats whereas the body can absorb 91% of the proteins available in soya products.
- It is important to have other foods as well which provide the minerals and vitamins that are required for bodybuilding. Vegetarians must have plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in their diets.
- A particular significance is placed on the combination of Iron and Vitamin C intake per day. The iron that is available from vegetables, called non-heme iron is different from that found in meat, called heme iron. Heme iron is much easier to absorb when compared to non-heme iron.
- However, if sufficient vitamin C is available in the diet, it will help the body absorb non-heme iron better. Citric acid and other acids found in fruits have a similar effect. A varied diet will mean that they will be receiving almost all the beneficial elements.
- Aside from gaining nutrition from foods, vegetarians can also rely on a few supplements to receive the minerals that may not be found, or found in insufficient quantities, in vegetarian diets.
- Multivitamins, calcium or iron supplements are just a few examples of the vast range of supplements available. However, there are many enthusiasts who prefer keeping everything natural and not relying on factory-manufactured medication to become healthier. One important reason such pills are better avoided is that a number of them may accompany side effects if used for extensive periods of time.
- And last but certainly not least, water is a very important component of every diet. But for workout diets, water is a vital element because it carries tremendous advantages for your health. It is what cleans the inside of our body, clearing it of pollutants. It also has other benefits such as keeping our skin healthy, assisting digestion and also lowers the risk of dehydration.
It is also extremely important to recognize that bodybuilding diets should go hand-in-hand with an adequate exercising regime, and that the entire diets should be planned in accordance to the workout levels. Personal trainers might also have a say when planning the diet plans in terms of gross calorie counts, and could advise for different levels of calorie intake according to the strenuous levels of workout for any corresponding day.