Headache treatment is the most sought after remedies as it is one of the most ordinary ailment people suffer from. Headaches trouble almost everyone at some time or the other. Most headaches are practical, being caused by temporary upsets, and are not related to any organic changes in the brain. They are often natures warning that something is wrong someplace in the body.
Symptoms of Headache
- Aches and tightness around head, behind the eyes, and neck
- Depression or excitation
- Blurring of visions
- Confusion of ideas
- Due to allergy
- Emotional stress and tension
- Eye strain and poor eyesight
- Due to high blood pressure or low blood sugar
- Nutritional deficiency
- Constipation or dehydration
- Exposure to cold temperatures
Home Remedies for Headache
- Apples are precious in curing all types of headaches. After removing the upper rind and the inner hard portion of a ripe apple, it must be taken with a little salt every morning on an empty stomach in such cases. This should be repeated for about a week.
- The flowers of henna have been found important in curing headaches caused by hot sun. The flowers must be rubbed in vinegar and then applied over the forehead. This remedy will quickly provide relief. One of the good home remedies for headache.
- Cinnamon is helpful in headaches caused by exposure to cold air. A fine paste of this spice should be prepared by mixing it with water and it should be applied over the temples and forehead to get relief. One of the best home remedies for headache.
- Make a herbal tea with 10-15 holy basil leaves (tulsi), 5-6 peppercorns and 1/2" ginger piece, powder. Keep in an air tight bottle. Take 2 pinches with warm water when a headache starts.
- Yogasanas - anulomaviloma and sitkari are also useful in the treatment of headaches.