Garlic health benefits are outstanding and far reaching. This strange looking bulb is nicknamed the “stinking rose” because it is so odorous when cut, chopped or chewed. Many scientific studies have been done now that substantiate the many health benefits of garlic. It has been confirmed as being an excellent anti-viral as well as an anti-bacterial and an anti-fungal substance. It is a powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties.
Taking garlic in the form of garlic powder or salt does not provide the health benefits mentioned above. To obtain the many garlic health benefits of garlic it is best to eat fresh raw garlic.When you cook garlic the heat will destroy the antibiotic health benefit of allicin.
Health Benefits of Garlics
- Garlic health benefits include lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Eating garlic every day will thin the blood and prevent dangerous blood clots from forming. Garlic has a compound in it called ajoene. This compound is as strong as aspirin is to prevent blood platelets from clumping and sticking together. Preventing blood platelets from sticking together can prevent strokes and heart attacks.
- Another compound found in garlic is diallyl sulfide. This compound is needed by the liver to detoxify cancer causing chemicals. The sulfur compound in garlic inhibits the growth of tumors on the skin, breast and in the stomach. The bioflavonoids in garlic help to fight off cancer cells as well.
- Garlic is also beneficial in keeping ones immune system up to par.
- Fresh raw garlic also has vitamin C, B6, selenium, magnesium, potassium, calcium and manganese in it. It is used to treat skin infections like Athletes's foot, herpes, digestive disorders, lung infections, diarrhea, warts and coughs and colds.
- If you eat garlic fresh and raw you will be getting the benefit of its detoxifying properties. This will help rid your body of harmful bacteria and intestinal parasites as well.
- Some people even include fresh raw garlic in their vegetable juice. You can also add fresh chopped raw garlic to soups and salads as well as mixed in your mashed potatoes for instance. Some people even eat fresh whole garlic cloves alone.
- If eating fresh raw garlic is not something you can tolerate you can take garlic supplements or garlic oil capsules. There are some on the market that are odorless. The many garlic health benefits to the human heart have been known about for years.
- Not only can garlic lower blood pressure and cholesterol as well as triglyceride levels thereby preventing heart attacks and strokes, but it can aid the body in producing nitric acid in the blood vessels. Nitric acid in the blood vessels is what allows them to dilate and dissolves blood clots. It will also prevent the oxidation of LDL or bad cholesterol in arterial walls.
- Garlic also contains folate which is known to protect the entire cardiovascular system in the human body. Garlic also reduces your risk for developing colon cancer, oesophageal cancer and stomach cancer.
- Garlic also contains selenium which is another powerful antioxidant.
- Garlic health benefits diabetes patients as well. It can help deter the damages done to the kidneys, eyes and nervous system that diabetes causes.
- It can help reduce the side effects caused by high blood sugar and fats in the blood. Garlic is an all natural detoxification substance. It can remove heavy metals and led from your system.
- Colds and lung congestion is helped by taking garlic.