Tomatoes are not a vegetable but actually fall into the "fruit" class. The tomato god has filled them with numerous yummy and nutritious ingredients for the body to enjoy.Since there are so many ways to get tomato inside your stomach, you have no reason not to enjoy the health benefits of juicing tomato. You can use them in practically anything.Make a salad or throw them in the frying pan with some eggs. However, if you want to make the most of the benefits, then I would suggest juicing them with a passion.
Benefits of Tomato
- The miracle ingredient lycopene is known to prevent prostate cancer in men, as well as stomach and colorectal cancer.
- Tomatoes carry the mineral Chromium which helps diabetics keep their blood sugar level under control.
- Tomatoes carry a large amount of Vitamin A which makes them contribute to good eye health. They may also help with night blindness.
- Once again, the Vitamin A contributes to good hair health and keeps it shiny and strong.
- The benefits of juicing tomato include strengthening and repairing bones and bone tissue.
- Great for your skin. I'm sure you're probably sick of me harping on about lycopene, but you'll like this one. Lycopene is often found in high-end skin care products.
- Tomatoes are naturally antiseptic so they will guard the body against common infections.
- One medium tomato contains of 1.5 grams of fiber.
Calories - 22
- Potassium - 292 mg
- Phosphorus - 30 mg
- Magnesium - 14 mg
- Calcium - 12 mg
- Sodium - 6 mg
- Iron - 0.33 mg
- Manganese - 0.14 mg
- Copper - 0.073 mg
- Zinc - 0.21 mg
- Also contains small amounts of other minerals.
- Vitamin A - 1025 IU
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) - 0.046 mg
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) - 0.023 mg
- Niacin - 0.731 mg
- Folate - 18 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid - 0.109 mg
- Vitamin B6 - 0.098 mg
- Vitamin C - 15.6 mg
- Vitamin E - 0.66 mg
- Vitamin K - 9.7 mcg
- Contains some other vitamins in small amounts.