Carrots are not only popular for their vibrant colour, but are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals.Carrots are an excellent source of antioxidants as well as a rich source of pro-vitamin A carotenes. Carrots come in a variety of colours and sizes and there are over 100 different varieties.Carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A. They are a very good source of vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin K, potassium, thiamine, biotin, and fiber.
Health Benefits of Carrots
- Eye health, these are the health benefits of carrots that we often hear. The content of beta carotene and vitamin A are high, helping to improve the ability of our vision. So it can prevent eye disorders such as myopic.
- Carrot can enhance the quality of breast milk.
- Carrot can improve the appearance of the skin, hair and nails.
- When taken daily it can lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Raw contain beta-carotene, a strong antioxidant that can prevent cancer.
- Carrot can help improve eyesight.
- Carrots can regulate blood sugar.
- Carrot can promote colon health, because carrot is rich in fiber.
- Half cup cooked with no added salt contains 2.3 grams fiber.
Protein - 0.59 grams
Calories - 27
- Potassium - 183 mg
- Calcium - 23 mg
- Phosphorus - 23 mg
- Magnesium - 8 mg
- Iron - 0.27 mg
- Sodium - 5 mg
- Zinc - 0.3 mg
- Copper - 0.052 mg
- Manganese - 0.062 mg
- Selenium - 0.2 mcg
- Also contains small amounts of other minerals.
- Vitamin A - 13286 IU
- Vitamin C - 2.8 mg
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) - 0.051 mg
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) - 0.034 mg
- Niacin - 0.503 mg
- Folate - 11 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid - 0.181 mg
- Vitamin B6 - 0.119 mg
- Vitamin K - 10.7 mcg
- Vitamin E - 0.8 mg
- Contains some other vitamins in small amounts.