Health Benefits of Buckwheat
- Buckwheat is rich in B vitamins as well as phosphorus, magnesium, iron, folate, zinc, copper and manganese.
- Buckwheat is high protein; the protein found in buckwheat contains the eight essential amino acids.
- Buckwheat is high in fiber. A single cup of cooked buckwheat groats contains over 4 grams of dietary fiber.
- Buckwheat is a good source of Alpha-Linolenic Acid, which is one of the two essential fatty acid that is important for good health.
- Buckwheat lowers glucose levels and is beneficial for managing diabetes.
- Buckwheat has been found to lower blood pressure and reduce cholesterol.
- 100 grams of buckwheat contain 10 grams .
Calories - 343
- Potassium - 460 mg
- Phosphorus - 347 mg
- Calcium - 18 mg
- Magnesium - 231 mg
- Iron - 2.2 mg
- Sodium - 1 mg
- Manganese - 1.3 mg
- Zinc - 2.4 mg
- Copper - 1.1 mg
- Selenium - 8.3 mcg
- Also contains trace amounts of other minerals.
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) - 0.101 mg
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) - 0.425 mg
- Niacin - 7.02 mg
- Pantothenic Acid - 1.233 mg
- Vitamin B6 - 0.21 mg
- Folate - 30 mcg
- Contains some other vitamins in small amounts.