Health Benefits of Almonds
- Almonds help in the prevention of cancer, as they are low in saturated fat.
- They contain protective nutrients like calcium and magnesium, which assist strengthening of bones.
- It considerably reduces the risk of heart attack.
- Almonds also help in checking blood cholesterol levels.
- They also contain lots of fiber, which is good for the system.
- Almonds are rich in folic acid and vitamin B. Therefore, when consumed during pregnancy, helps to reduce birth defects of fetus.
- Almonds assist in controlling diabetes, by lowering blood sugar after meals.
- Another health benefit of almonds is its tryptophan content, which is very good for brain development.
- 1 ounce (23 whole nuts) of raw almonds contains 3.5 grams of dietary fiber.
Protein - 6.02 grams
Calories - 163
- Potassium - 200 mg
- Phosphorus - 137 mg
- Calcium - 75 mg
- Magnesium - 76 mg
- Iron - 1.05 mg
- Selenium - 0.7 mcg
- Zinc - 0.87 mg
- Manganese - 0.648 mg
- Copper - 0.282 mg
- Also contains a small amount of other minerals.
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) - 0.06 mg
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) - 0.287 mg
- Niacin - 0.96 mg
- Folate - 14 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid - 0.133 mg
- Vitamin B6 - 0.041 mg
- Vitamin E - 7.43 mg
- Contains some other vitamins in small amounts.