The fragrantly sweet juiciness and deep red color of strawberries can brighten up both the taste and aesthetics of any meal; it is no wonder they are the most popular berry fruit in the world. Although strawberries have become increasingly available year-round, they are at the peak of their season from April through July when they are the most delicious and most abundant.
Health Benefits of Strawberry
- Strawberries are high in Antioxidants
- Strawberries help your Body Combat Heart attack, Stroke, and Alzheimer’s disease
- Strawberries are packed with Vitamins and Minerals.
- Strawberries are a great source of vitamin C and contain more vitamin C than citrus fruits. Because of this quality it is helpful in fighting some forms of cancer and also helps to control bad cholesterol. Strawberries are loaded with B2, B5, B6, vitamin K, copper and magnesium. Strawberries also contain omega fatty acid and fiber.
- Strawberries can prevent gout and arthritis. The antioxidants and detoxifiers in strawberries can flush out the toxins and help people suffering from these health problems.
- Free radicals have a damaging affect on the nervous systems of elderly people. Their brain tissue begins to degenerate and their nerves become weaker. But the photochemical and vitamin in strawberries rejuvenate the senses and help in the proper functioning of the nervous system.
- Eating three or more servings of fruit per day may lower a person’s risk of age-related macular degeneration by 36 percent.
- One cup of strawberries has nearly 15 percent of an adult’s recommended daily allowance of dietary fiber.
Proteins - 0.96 grams
Calories - 46
- Potassium - 220 mg
- Phosphorus - 35 mg
- Magnesium - 19 mg
- Calcium - 23 mg
- Sodium - 1 mg
- Iron - 0.59 mg
- Selenium 0.6 mcg
- Manganese - 0.556 mg
- Copper - 0.069 mg
- Zinc - 0.2 mg
- Also contains small amounts of other minerals.
- Vitamin A - 17 IU
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) - 0.035 mg
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) - 0.032 mg
- Niacin - 0.556 mg
- Folate - 35 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid - 0.18 mg
- Vitamin B6 - 0.068 mg
- Vitamin C - 84.7 mg
- Vitamin E - 0.42 mg
- Vitamin K - 3.2 mcg
- Contains some other vitamins in small amounts.