Health Benefits of Orange
- Nutrients in oranges are plentiful and diverse. The fruit is low in calories, contains no saturated fats or cholesterol, but is rich in dietary fiber, pectin, which is very effective in persons with excess body weight.
- It is also a very good source of B-complex vitamins such as thiamin, pyridoxine and folates. These vitamins are essential in the sense that body requires them from external sources to replenish.
- Orange fruit also contains a very good amount of minerals like potassium and calcium. Potassium in an important component of cell and body fluids helps control heart rate and blood pressure.
- Drinking a glass of orange juice a day can keep the doctor away. Orange juice is known to contain a high percentage of Vitamin C, which is helpful in boosting the immune system. So, you will be less likely to catch various illnesses, such as colds or the flu.
- Various medical studies show that orange juice may help lower both cholesterol levels and blood pressure levels, which are two very common problems among middle aged men and women.
- Orange juice is thought to be very high in antioxidants. What this means is that this yummy juice may help prevent various forms of cancer, including breast cancer and prostate cancer.
Amount - One medium orange contains 3.1 grams of dietary fiber.
Proteins - 1.23 grams
Calories - 62
Nutrition In Orange
- Potassium - 237 mg
- Phosphorus - 18 mg
- Magnesium - 13 mg
- Calcium - 52 mg
- Iron - 0.13 mg
- Selenium 0.7 mcg
- Manganese - 0.033 mg
- Copper - 0.059 mg
- Zinc - 0.09 mg
- Also contains small amounts of other minerals.
- Vitamin A - 295 IU
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) - 0.114 mg
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) - 0.052 mg
- Niacin - 0.369 mg
- Folate - 39 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid - 0.328 mg
- Vitamin B6 - 0.079 mg
- Vitamin C - 69.7 mg
- Vitamin E - 0.24 mg
- Contains some other vitamins in small amounts.