Health Benefits of Lychee
- It has high content of minerals such as potassium and copper. Potassium helps control heart rate and levels blood pressure. A good medicine for heart patients as it prevents from suffering heart diseases like attacks and blockages. Copper increases the production of red blood cells (RBC).
- This fruit is a good source of B-complex vitamins like thiamine, folates and niacin which helps the body metabolize carbohydrates, proteins and fat.
- According to researchers, other nutritional benefits of lychee is the oligonol (a low polyphenol) in it which is considered to have anti-oxidant anti-influenza virus properties which improves blood flow in the body organs. Oligonol also reduces weight and protects the skin from harmful UV rays. It also acts as an anti-cancer agent. It reduces the chances of breast cancer among women.
- Lychee helps in digestion and provides energy.
- Chinese believe that lychee provides relief from body pain and swollen glands.
- Lychees are low in saturated fat and sodium so are cholesterol free.
AmountProteins - 1.58 grams
- One cup of fresh lychees contains 2.5 grams of dietary fiber.
Calories - 125
Nutrition In Lychee
- Potassium - 325 mg
- Phosphorus - 59 mg
- Magnesium - 19 mg
- Calcium - 10 mg
- Sodium - 2 mg
- Iron - 0.59 mg
- Selenium 1.1 mcg
- Manganese - 0.104 mg
- Copper - 0.281 mg
- Zinc - 0.13 mg
- Also contains small amounts of other minerals.
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) - 0.021 mg
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) - 0.123 mg
- Niacin - 1.146 mg
- Folate - 27 mcg
- Vitamin B6 - 0.19 mg
- Vitamin C - 135.8 mg
- Vitamin E - 0.13 mg
- Vitamin K - 0.08 mcg
- Contains some other vitamins in small amounts.