The old saying “ to eat an apple going to bed, will make the doctor beg his bread” has been justified by its many health-rich properties. Apples are excellent detoxifies and apple juice can destroy viruses in the body.
Health Benefits of Apple
- Apple cleans teeth and strengthens gum
- Will make the cholesterol level lower
- Detoxify the body and has an antiviral property
- Apple will also prevent constipation because it helps digestion
- One large apple supplies almost 30% of minimum amount of fiber that should be consumed daily
Amount - One medium apple with skin .
protein - 0.47 grams
calories - 95
Nutrition In Apple
- Potassium - 195 mg
- Calcium - 11 mg
- Phosphorus - 20 mg
- Magnesium - 9 mg
- Manganese - 0.064 mg
- Iron - 0.22 mg
- Sodium - 2 mg
- Copper - 0.049 mg
- Zinc - 0.07 mg
- Also contains a trace amount of other minerals.
- Vitamin A - 98 IU
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) - 0.031 mg
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) - 0.047 mg
- Niacin - 0.166 mg
- Folate - 5 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid - 0.111 mg
- Vitamin B6 - 0.075 mg
- Vitamin C - 8.4 mg
- Vitamin E - 0.33 mg
- Vitamin K - 4 mcg
- Contains some other vitamins in small amounts.
- Never buy apples that have not been kept cold since they can be over-ripe in a few days.
- Apples should be hard. If you can dent an apple with your finger, DO NOT BUY IT.
- Keep your apples refrigerated. If not, it will decay fast.
- To prevent browning, rub the cut surfaces with a mixture of lemon juice and water.