Lemon water serves as the perfect good morning drink, as it aids the digestive system and makes the process of eliminating the waste products from the body easier. It prevents the problem of constipation and diarrhea from taking place, by ensuring smooth bowel functions.
Benefits of lemon water
- Lemon can help relieve many digestion problems when mixed with hot water. These include nausea, heartburn and parasites. Due to the digestive qualities of lemon juice, symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn, bloating and belching are relieved. Lemon acts as a blood purifier and as a cleansing agent. The intake of lemon juice can cure constipation. It is even known to help relieve hiccups when consumed as a juice. .
- Lemon, being a natural antiseptic medicine, can participate to cure problems related to skin. Lemon is a vitamin C rich citrus fruit that enhances your beauty, by rejuvenating skin from within and thus bringing a glow on your face. Daily consumption of lemon water can make a huge difference in the appearance of your skin. It acts as an anti-aging remedy and can remove wrinkles and blackheads. Lemon water if applied on the areas of burns can fade the scars. As lemon is a cooling agent, it reduces the burning sensation on the skin.
- Lemon water is used in dental care also. If fresh lemon juice is applied on the areas of toothache, it can assist in getting rid of the pain. The massages of lemon juice on gums can stop gum bleeding. It gives relief from bad smell and other problems related to gums.
- Lemon is an excellent fruit that aids in fighting problems related to throat infections, sore throat and tonsillitis as it has an antibacterial property. For sore throat, dilute one-half lemon juice with one-half water and gargle frequently.
- One of the major health benefits of drinking lemon water is that it paves way for losing weight faster, thus acting as a great weight loss remedy. If a person takes lemon juice mixed with lukewarm water and honey, it can reduce the body weight as well.
- Lemon water is useful to control blood pressure and it works wonders for people having heart problem, owing to its high potassium content. It controls high blood pressure, dizziness, nausea as well as provides relaxation to mind and body. It also reduces mental stress and depression.
- It is good for treating Rheumatism.Lemon is also a diuretic and hence lemon water can treat rheumatism and arthritis. It helps to flush out bacteria and toxins out of the body.
- It Is act as a blood purifier .The diseases like cholera or malaria can be treated with lemon water as it can act as a blood purifier.
Tips for Choosing and Using Lemons
- Lemons should always be room temperature. To extract the most juice and pulp from the lemon, roll the lemon around on a table or the counter a few times.
- Don't microwave fresh lemons to get more juice! Why? Microwaves change the polarity of the 'molecular structure on a cellular level' of whatever you're 'nuking'. In other words, it changes the actual structure of whatever you're cooking or heating up. It also destroys a lot of the nutrients in the process. Read more about the harmful effects of microwaves.
- Always look for lemons that are bright yellow in color and look fresh. Lemons with a thicker peel, have less pulp and juice. Lemons with thinner skin, have more pulp and more juice. If none of the lemons at your store look fresh, just buy the cutesy little plastic lemons that contain lemon juice. They'll work fine until you can get the 'real thing'!
- Lemon water is easy to fix. Mix the pulp and juice from 1/2 lemon in tepid water and drink!