For Women :
- First advantage of is increase metabolism and help to weight loss. Push ups force the heart to work harder and the blood to pump faster. This increases metabolism and helps you burn more calories. The benefit of the pushup is still felt hours after the exercise is done.
- Push-ups are an ideal way to build upper body strength, something that many women are lacking
- Pushups proffer the benefits of stretching, weightlifting and cardiovascular exercise as well.
- It also helps to get more toned shoulders, trunk, butt, upper and lower body.
- A workout program of pushups works on large number of muscle groups and helps to retain whole body fitness.
- It actively works the chest, triceps and deltoids together with stretching of back and the biceps.
- Undoubtedly, pushup is the best exercise for the chest, but it is a great exercise for the abdominal and lower back muscles. Besides all of the above, it works for the quadriceps too.
For Men :
- The most evident and prominent benefit of doing push ups is strength build up in the upper body, especially the forearms, upper arms, wrists, shoulders and chest. The mantra is that push ups help you get in shape as well stay in shape.
- Push ups are not just about upper body. Push ups serve as an excellent full body workout. Push ups are a great way to exercise most of the major muscle groups in our body. Apart from arms and chests and shoulders, calf muscles, hamstring and quads too are strengthened with the help of push ups.
- Push ups are a great booster of metabolism, which adds to the numerous benefits of push ups. There is a lot of physical exertion when you do push ups. This enhances the blood circulation and entire gamut of internal bodily processes. These processes result in improving metabolism and burn more calories.
- Muscle growth is essential even if you are not aiming to be a body builder! A better growth of muscles leads to a stronger, leaner and healthier body. Defined muscle lines are developed throughout the body. Increase in muscle mass and boost in the total muscle growth is achieved by doing push ups.
- Preventing osteoporosis - According to the Hormone Foundation, the low levels of testosterone can contribute to loss of bone density over time and lead to osteoporosis in men.Low levels of testosterone can also cause loss of muscle mass and overall strength, and muscle atrophy from time to time.
- I saved the best for the last. Push ups are absolutely free, as in, you do not need any exercise equipment to do them and on top of it, you also save money which you would otherwise spend for using equipment at a gymnasium! Obviously, why pay some precious bucks at the gym when you can get a total body work out at home!